Something big is going on in Google land. If you’re emailing your peeps using a @gmail.com “From Address” (like firstname.lastname@example.org) through Mailchimp, Active Campagin or any other email service provider – you’ve got a MASSIVE problem but it’s easy to fix. Let me explain:
Gmail updated it’s Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC) policy.
DMARC allows domains to tell mail servers to reject messages using that domain in the “From address”, if the message did not originate from that domain’s own mail server. In plain English: Email service providers can’t send “from” GMail addresses anymore. (Yahoo! & AOL.com already have the same policy).
email@example.com = Good firstname.lastname@example.org = Bad
***Note: If you use Google for Work with a private domain email address (like email@example.com you WILL NOT be effected ***
What does that mean for you?
- You MUST create a “From” address from your private domain: like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ASAP! (See instructions below)
- Check Autoresponders – Update the “From” field if needed
- Check the all “Sender” addresses on confirmation forms, broadcast emails, etc.
3 reasons why this is good thing…
Using @gmail.com email address for your business is:
- Shows you have no confidence in your business idea – If you know this business is going to success you’d buy a private domain and set up a proper email address
- Gets you more comfortable with tech part of your business
How to create a private domain email address:
Setting up a private (or customize) domain email address is super easy.
Site hosted with Godaddy?
- Log in to GoDaddy.com
- Click the green “Manage” button near Web Hosting
- Click “Email” at the top of your screen
- Click “Create New Email”
- Follow instructions.
Not a Godaddy user? Check as the handy videos below for SquareSpace Users, Blue Host & Host Gators or call your web developer.
Wanna know the fastest (and best) way to get subscribers in 2020? If you’re ready for a list explosion in 2020, and are over doing a new challenge or a new quiz, read on for 4 1/2 tips to leverage other people’s audiences to exponential list growth & big-time profits without running ads.
Want to write a welcome series that creates raving fans for life? Steal my Power Five Email formula to nurture your new audience, create genuine connections… and yes… even make some money!
Planning Your Email Marketing for 2020?
If you’re ready to rock it in 2020 and have your best year ever, I’m giving you allllll my secrets when it comes to how I plan out my launches, my emails and my income for the upcoming year.